Monday, May 3, 2010

Ah! So, I am jobless again.

This is the third time that I had quit a job without a job in hand. However, this is the first time I am not depressed. Now, I am planning to work the way I want. Through the journey of different companies and different corporate environment ranging from a top MNC to a small outsourcing firm, I have seen it all.

Our senior generation says, we have lost our loyalty to our jobs. They used to spend their entire life serving one company. However, I believe today’s generation is more dedicated to its work. I agree that our loyalty is different from what our seniors have. They were loyal to their employer but we are loyal to our work. There was no competition then. There was no fight to perform your best so that you will get a better place to work, where you can work even harder and better. And I think that is one motivating factor that keeps me driving.

My friends ask, Oh! So you are planning to quit Again? And I say, why not? I am a multi-dimensional professional who have tried her hands in a lot of things. If I would have stuck to one employer, I would have not earned the respect from my loved ones, which I do now. My family life would not have been what it is now. I agree that I had gone through some bad and depressing phases, but no one is exception to that anyway.

And the best thing is I am having a break. That always fills me up with the energy to work with full motivation in my next job. Lets see where my destiny is going to take me this time. Keeping the finger crossed

No comments: