Monday, April 8, 2013

Stop Taking Things for Granted


In the pursuit of complaining about almost everything happening in our lives, we often take things we have for granted. Until we lose them one day! We believe there is nothing special in the way god has made us.  We believe it is natural to have perfectly working body and we crib about the weird shape of nose god has given us. I was no different.

However, the recent accident, the leg fracture, and the inability to walk for weeks have changed the way I used to look at things. I realized how blessed I am to have these little pleasures in my life. Sitting in the bed the entire day have made me to stop and look at things that I have never bothered to look at. I realized that if we start focusing and noticing things that we often take for granted, we will be a much happier person.

We are humans and it is a natural human tendency to demand for more instead of being thankful for what we have. Our list of dreams and expectations is endless. But this small accident have taught me a new lesson and that is “ how to appreciate the smallest things in life?”

No comments: